We work with the building and construction sector to ensure safe, healthy and durable homes and buildings for New Zealanders.
Building Performance, part of MBIE, is the regulator of New Zealand’s building system. Our role is to deliver fit-for-purpose, performance-based building regulation that protects the public's safety and property and helps lift the sector’s performance.
Come and visit our stand and we can talk about the latest package of building work that doesn’t need a building consent as well as the proposed certification scheme for modern methods of construction and other work we’re doing to improve the building sector’s performance.
You can also talk to us about:
• The Building Code
• Occupational regulation e.g. Licensed Building Practitioners
• Earthquake prone buildings
• Investigating building or product failures
• Determinations and product assurance
• Response to climate change
Find out more at building.govt.nz